Ingeo News: Volume 14, Issue 1
NatureWorks Announces 100 Percent Third-Party Certified Sustainable Feedstock by 2020
Every farm entering the program receives training in adhering to the ISCC PLUS certification’s principles, which are the following:
- Protect highly biodiverse and high carbon stock areas.
- Implement best agricultural practices for the use of fertilizers and pesticides, irrigation, tillage, soil management, and the protection of the surrounding environment.
- Promote safe working conditions.
- Comply with human, labor, and land rights.
- Comply with laws and international treaties.
- Implement good management practices and continuous improvement.
NEW: Ingeo 3D450
NatureWorks Develops New Ingeo PLA Formulation for 3D Printing Break-Away Support on Dual Extrusion Printers
We're proud to announce and introduce Ingeo 3D450, a new break-away formulation for use in dual extrusion 3D printers. The clean, fast mechanical break-away of Ingeo 3D450 support structures results in parts with high finish quality, reducing post-processing time and improving overall productivity.
Applications for Ingeo 3D450 support material include complex industrial parts such as jigs and fixtures, patterns for investment metal casting, and architectural and retail models. Ingeo 3D450 is designed to work with the Ingeo 3D series of grades, including 3D850 and 3D870, that was developed for the professional printing market. At printing speeds up to 100 mm/s, Ingeo 3D450 prints and cools without warping even across large sections of support structures. Read More...
FIBERS & NONWOVENS
- 100% Commitment to Sustainable Bioploymers, ISCC International Sustainability & Carbon Certification
- Zero Waste Requires Visionary Thinking, BioCylce
- Expanding Options for 3D Print, Compounding World
- Single-Serve Coffee Cups, PC Lead Biobased Developments, Plastics News
March 31-April 4 | Chicago, IL
NatureWorks will demonstrate printing with our brand new custom Ingeo PLA 3D printing materials specifically designed for industrial-use parts including high strength, heat resistance, and clean incineration for foundry applications while maintaining printability. Titan Robotics will host the printing at their booth #78, Monday, April 1st between 10AM - 2PM.
SPC IMPACT 2019
April 1-4 | Seattle, WA
The past year has seen numerous initiative established in response to an explosion of concern around used packaging. Be part of the SPC Impact conversation that is more than just reactive and help set the course that addresses the root cause.
- April 3rd, 3PM - NatureWorks' Flavio Di Marcotullio will present, "Case Study: Rethinking the Single Use Coffee Capsule".
- April 3rd, 4:15PM - NatureWorks' Tim Goodman will participate in the "Compostable Foodservice Packaging: Making the Case to Composters" panel.
- April 4th, 11AM - NatureWorks' Nicole Whiteman will participate in "The Whole is Greater Than the Sum of its Parts" panel discussing the synergy to improve the compostability of high-performance paper packaging with functional coatings, laminates, adhesives, and additives.
Adhesives and Sealants Council (ASC) Spring Convention & Expo
April 8-10 | Philadelphia, PA
This event is the LARGEST GATHERING of adhesive & sealant professionals in North America. The three-day event will include concurrent technical sessions focusing on business development and market trends, technology/applications, building & construction (roofing), regulatory, processing/operations, market segments and new product introductions.
Featuring NatureWorks Presentations:
- "Lactide Polyester Resins as Solvent-borne Adhesives in 3D-Printed Applications" by Matt Tjosaas
- "Lactide Polyester Polyols in Polyurethane Adhesive Applications" by Bill Coggio