Ingeo News: Volume 13, Issue 1
NatureWorks Announces New Sustainable Agricultural Goals in Global Commitment
In signing this agreement, we commit to 3 actions:
- By 2019: 60% of our feedstock will be certified as sustainably and responsibly managed via the independent, 3rd party-administered chain of custody program ISCC PLUS.
- By 2020: 100% of our feedstock will be certified as sustainably and responsibly managed via the independent, 3rd party-administered chain of custody program ISCC PLUS.
- By 2025: we ensure that 100% of new feedstocks for additional manufacturing capacity will be certified as sustainably and responsibly managed via an independent 3rd party-administered program.
We join companies such as PepsiCo, Danone, Walmart, Unilever, SC Johnson and 250+ more in signing this global commitment. Read More...
Innovation Takes root 2018
The 6th biennial Innovation Takes Root forum was held September 10-12th in San Diego, CA. We proudly welcomed 340 attendees from 25 countries, showcased 22 exhibitors, and had the support of 27 event sponsors.
Featured speakers included representatives from Electrolux, PepsiCo, Ellen MacArthur Foundation, Michelman, Ahlstrom, Danone, and more. The reviews we received were excellent and we hope to see you at the next Innovation Takes Root! Read More...
“I strongly recommend Innovation Takes Root. It’s for sure a good opportunity to understand and to see what happens in this area of biopolymers. It’s an international event, not just on PLA. I think it’s well done, well-managed, and well-organized. It was a good investment for me.” – Marco Garilli, Innovation Expert – Polymers at Electrolux
ZERO WASTE INITIATIVES
BUILDING & CONSTRUCTION
- Updated Bioeconomy Strategy from EU Commission, European Commission
- Future Directions in Advanced Biomaterials, International Plastics News
- Plastics Proliferation Transitioning to Bioplastics Boost, Biofuels Digest
- Goodbye Petroleum, Hello Bio - Bio-based multi-layer transparent films are now a reality, Sukano.com
European Bioplastics Conference
December 4-5 | Berlin, Germany
NatureWorks' Senior Materials Scientist, Osei Owusu, will present study, "Improving the Energy Efficiency of a Refrigerator-Freezer through the Use of a Novel Cabinet/Door Liner Based on Ingeo Biopolymer."
Polymers for 3D Printing - AMI
December 11-12 | Dusseldorf, Germany
NatureWorks' Applications Development Engineer, Deepak Venkatraman, will speak on forging ahead in industrial 3D printing applications with PLA, Tuesday, December 11th.
Compost 2019: USCC Conference & Trade Show
January 28-31 | Phoenix, Arizona